Top Skills Needed to be a Successful Digital Marketer
Digital marketing is very vast and one of the most exciting and creative jobs. One of the fastest growing industries, now every business is moving online to promote their products and services. Digital marketing is also known as online marketing is very important to any business or brand because of its reach, ability to target global audience and very cost effective.
The Top skills needed to be successful Digital marketer is
- Ability to learn and experiment in marketing as it is always continuous testing. ( and scale what works for you )
- Passion for the Field
- Analytical Skills ( as Digital Marketing is AKA Data Driven Marketing )
- Good Writing and Communication Skills
- Be Creative ( coming up with out of the box ideas)
Coming to the Technical Skills:
– Search engine optimization is getting difficult day by day. Well, the majority of leads and sales comes from Search engines likes Google & Bing. Ranking on Search engines always builds authority and Brand as most people buy products and services that rank higher on Google.
– Copywriting is using the power of words to persuade the user to make a buying decision. Content writing is the foundation of Digital marketing. Make sure the content is unique, valuable and engaging. Content is King in Digital Marketing. One of the Highest Paid careers in this field
– Pay per click ads are shown on Search engines and search engine partner websites. (Tools ex: Google AdWords, Bing Ads) these are shown on Top and bottom of the SERP (search engine result page). If you want to get any immediate traffic go for PPC campaigns. If you can’t rank on Google or other search engines, win with their paid advertising as 45% of the people can’t tell the difference between paid and free listing, most clicks get to the listing that comes above the fold ( i.e. top positions on SERP). Always remember the one who spends most on marketing to acquire a customer always wins.
Social Media Marketing
– running successful campaigns on social networking sites likes Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Creating awareness about your brand, products & services and generating leads and revenue is one of best skilled to be developed. As an avg. a person spends an hour on Social networking sites.
– there are hundreds of email marketing tools. Mastering a few tools is always beneficial. As there is a saying money is in the list ( email list). Few of the tools: ActiveCampaign, MailChimp etc.
Digital Marketing Analytics
– Finally at the end of the day it all comes down to numbers. How many people visited your website, what is the source of traffic, What is session duration, Which content (products, services, blog posts) is getting more engagement. Goals achieved (leads, signups, purchase etc. ) and how to improve it by analysis and optimizing the campaigns. Tools like: Google Analytics, Adobe analytics, Facebook analytics etc.
Want to be an awesome Digital Marketer?
Sign Up for a Free Demo Class at Learn Digital Academy – Best Digital marketing course in Bangalore and know more Call: 7760720004