There is no use of a website for a business, that’s nowhere found on Search Engine like Google, Yahoo, Bing. SEO is the Brain that gets you found by People, increase your brand and authority.
Here is SEO Checklist we follow:
- Don’t use Keyword rich domain names, for example: if a search is about “buy shoes online” Then buying a domain buyshoesonline.com ( or other TLD’s ). Using some aspect of a keyword is fine, but exact match keywords are not recommended as you may be penalized by EMD update.
- Preferred to use Top Level Domain extension. There are about 1500 TLD, The most famous of them is .com, .net, .org which are highly recommended. ( TLD has very little or no value in ranking your website on Google )
- Make your website Canonical. It’s nothing but redirecting your website to the dominant version of the main URL. For ex: if your search in the address bar “learndigital.co” it automatically redirects to www.learndigital.co
- Make sure your website has an XML sitemap– A sitemap is a file that contains all the links or URLs of a particular website it helps search engine is crawl quickly and more intelligently and see how pages are interconnected.
- Schematic Mark-ups: When you want your listing to be shown in a different way in Google, like image snippets, review snippets, event snippets, do Schematic mark-ups which help to get better Clicks and improve your CTR. Now search engines will understand more about your website.
- Using Robots.txt, Blocking certain pages of your websites from search engines like confidential pages, private pages etc., use can also use a meta tag: link rel =”no index, no follow”
- Make your website mobiles friendly by building a custom mobile page or make your website responsive (ie automatically the website adjusts based on the device). As more than 60% of the traffic comes from mobiles and Google gives priority to mobile-friendly websites. Make your website navigation structure clean ( UI/ UX).
- Page Speed Analysis: Make sure your websites load as fast as possible ( less than 5 sec optimal) anything more than that people will bounce. Make sure your website is hosted on a fast server with good ram and bandwidth, optimize images – don’t directly use HD images having big file size. Keep the image size as small as possible, use photo editing tools like Canva or Photoshop. Decrease the CSS and JS files as it increases the loading and use a good caching plugin and CDN. Tools to check loading time: GTmetrix, tools.pingdom.com, Google speed insights.
- Integrate with Google Search Console (previously Google Webmasters) and Bing Webmasters. When Google crawls your web page, its going to give a complete report on how is your website performing on Search engines. Crawling errors, Country targeting, Canonicalization. Submitting sitemap etc, Search Analytics – for what keywords or queries your ranking in which position of SERP (Search Engine Result Page). You will also get any warning if your website is penalized by any of their algorithms.
- Coming to On Page SEO: Use your Primary Keyword in your Title Tag, Keep the title tag between 60 to 70 Characters, Begin with your keyword and end with your domain name. Don’t do keyword Stuffing; Try to write magnetic headlines. This will be shown on Google and other Search Engines.
- URL Structure – keep your website URL’s Short, keep hyphens as best separators, you can use some aspect of the keyword (max. 4 to 5 words ). Don’t use special characters, better use keywords than numbers. The URL should signify the product or the service which we are offering.
- Meta Description tag: when you search a query on Google, the listing will have 3 components, page title, page url & page description. A description is a 3 line snippet that shows in the SERP, where it’s all about telling what that particular page is all about in 300 characters. Make your content very appealing and interesting, mainly use your primary and secondary keywords, so it increases your CTR.
- Heading Tags should be used on every single page of the website. There are 6 heading tags, From H1 to H6, the only difference between them is the font size, H1 is the biggest and h6 is the smallest. On every page, there should be min. 3 heading tags. H1 should be used only once and use your primary targeted keyword. H2 and H3 use synonyms. Make sure your heading tags are not more than 60 characters.
- Content is King in SEO, Make sure your content is of high quality, Make your content actionable, Google likes the website that is content rich, try to write lengthy content, of 1000 words, Try to use the primary keyword in the first page of the paragraph. Maintain a keyword density of 2%, and having your website content 80% unique.
- Internal Link building, is one of best on page techniques, try to interlink pages, so that the page rank( link juice ) will pass throughout the website. Don’t use too many exact match keywords as anchor text. Try to link common words also. So writing blog articles consistently and link to your main pages to rank faster.
- Google or other search engines like to see outbound links also. Where the backlinks are coming from and going to, make sure to give backlinks to authoritative domains. But don’t give too many, as it may lead to increase bounce rate & decrease customer engagement.
- Alt Text for Images, Giving an extra description about the images, Where search engines can’t understand what that image is about, give alt text, help search engines understand what that image is. It also helps in ranking on Google images.
- AMP – Accelerated mobile pages are for making your websites load faster on mobile devices, it is done by AMP as it removes all the unnecessary CSS and JS files and makes the website load very fast. The major disadvantage is it that it will increase the bounce rate, as sidebar links will be removes in mobiles. AMP is recommended for Blogs.
- Off-page SEO is all about getting more backlinks to your website, these links act a vote or recommendation to your website, but these links are not treated all equal, some links will be of high quality and some of low. Now if you want to rank your website in 2018, Make sure you are getting high-quality authority contextual do-follow backlinks to your website. Search engines are deeply interested in the quality and the number of backlinks that are pointing towards your website. There are so many off Page Techniques to get backlinks.
- Don’t do any Black Hat SEO, like keyword stuffing, hidden text, content spamming, Blackhat SEO is never recommended as a long-term strategy. Bust still in 2018 BlackHat SEO Works
Learn Complete Digital Marketing at Learn Digital Academy, Offering Advanced digital marketing course in Bangalore, Enroll For a DEMO CLASS.
Ultimate SEO Checklist
Article Title: Ultimate SEO Checklist for your Website & Site Audits
Short Description: There is no use of a website for a business, that’s nowhere found on Search Engine like Google, Yahoo, Bing. SEO is the Brain that gets you found by People, increase your brand and authority.
Publisher - Orgnization: Learn Digital Academy
- Quality of Content
- User Flow
- Practical Applications
Here is complete SEO Checklist we follow for doing SEO for our website and also for doing website audits. SEO techniques keep changing, as its getting more and more challenging and difficult to rank websites. SEO is 70% off-page SEO make sure you get authoritative Backlinks
Read more from our blog: 5 Major Steps to Rank any Websites on Search Engines